Search

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Perspective Texture Mapping by Chris

This page discusses copyrighted material published elsewhere, and used with permission. It is intended as an add-on and a pointer, not as a replacement. If you want to know what you are doing, you should get the articles and read them very closely. Be sure to have a look at Chris Hecker's home page for current info.

The articles

In 1995, Chris Hecker started an article series on "Perspective Texture Mapping" in the Game Developer magazine, published by Miller Freeman. The series is finished by now. The articles in question as published in the "Under the Hood/Behind the Screen" column are:
  • "Part I - Foundations", April/May 95, pp. 16-25
  • "Part II - Rasterization", June/July 95, pp. 18-26
  • "Part III - Endpoints and Mapping", August/September 95, pp. 17-24
  • "Part IV - Approximations", December 95/January 96, pp. 19-25
  • "Part V - It's About Time", April/May 96, pp. 25-33
I received the back issues for Part I-III. MFI will hopefully deliver soon the Part IV issue on scanline subdivision, and Part V issue which contains the discussion of an example of a pipelined floating point texture mapper as invented by Michael Abrash. Another issue I got lays the foundations to the floating point approach
  • "Let's Get to the (Floating) Point", February/March 96, pp. 19-24
Back issues can be ordered from MFI.

No comments:

Post a Comment